As the story has it, I woke up and found myself on the very opposite side of the globe – the flipside. I arrived February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d simply do a year, then leave. Years later and I’m still here. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company, Flipside Fitness, and CEO of my own boxing club, Korea's largest -- Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I picked up one day and left. I returned to Toronto, Canada but only to pack up my bags and venture out again. Now I'm living in Makati, Philippines. Life for me is better in Asia and I'm so happy here. This isn't a new chapter in the book of my life though, it's a whole new book I've started!!! I'm a whole new woman. I left Korea with Flipside Fitness on my brain, Hulk's in my heart, boxing in my bag, and my four-legged friend Balboa Button by my side.

Life is an adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Fully Focused on Training

It's only fair that if I photobombed their picture that they'd be allowed to do that to mine... nice.
They didn't speak a word of English and my Tagalog is limited but one 
called me strong so I told them "I love you" in Tagalog.
 In attempt to make this week's morning fasted cardio more "enjoyable", I Googled a route and it lead me to Ayala Triangle Garden.  My new favourite spot in this amazing city; I love it!!!
Running in the morning and weight training in the evening. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I must say. You look so much happier and well off in the Philippines than in Korea.

Do you think it is because Philippines people are better to you than Koreans? If so, I'm sad bc I am Korean. You seem to be hanging with a much better group of people than you did in Korea. Do you think it is the country or do you think its because you have a much better partner/friend? I think Skittles is much better than Snickers and he seems to come with a positive, supportive aura. I think with Snickers and his friends and family it was just drama after drama.

I'm so happy for you, you look healthy, happy, and bright!

I wish you the best in your future endeavours in the Philippines.

Take care!

Your Reader