As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Empowering Myself... and Now Others Too!!!

While sitting at the hair salon, waiting for my appointment, I opened up a box that was titled "100 Questions".  My answer to the first was easy -- peanut butter, but my answer to the second was easy but needing an explanation.  Am I where I wanted to be at this stage of my life?  Absolutely not but thank God for that.  I posted my answer along with this picture on Instagram and I doubt it'll get a lot of likes because I know it'll make many people question themselves. 
Viola... I now have pink hair.  It's only temporary dye though,  a means of testing it out.
 As a means of taking the next steps to further brand myself and my company, it was suggested I change up my look a bit.  I don't know how I feel about this pink hair though.  I train twice a day and can totally see this as being too high maintenance and expensive for my pro athlete/budding entrepreneur lifestyle.  I was told it'll last about a month but I give it about 2 weeks considering I spend my day either covered in sweat at training or showering after it.

In moving forward, last night I also launched my company page and group page on Facebook.
Now the cat is out of the bag... my next company is called Empowered.  It's a female-only clubhouse.
Click HERE for the company page and click HERE to join the group page.  Sorry boys, you're not allowed on my group page but feel free to like the company page and share it, thank you.
Announcing the Empowered boot camps, two of them -- Wednesday at 7pm and Saturday at 10am.
I'm super excited to be launching this and it gets me pumped up considering the correlation and significance of this launch.  My boxing club in Korea stemmed from the huge success of Flipside Fitness and Flipside Fitness started with me hosting boxercise classes at a local boxing club.

...it's happening... and I'm so excited about what's next!!!

No comments: