As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Ticked Pink with a Funny... Sunday, July 30

I'd like to think I've created a home here in the Philippines and I'm a local now.  I have definitely met a lot of fabulous people and have more or less created my "crew" of people.  Today some of us met to watch the UFC fights at the Belle & Dragon.  

I'm not really into UFC actually but I do love the energy of watching it with a crowd.  Cyborg, a notoriously tough female fighter was fighting on the card and, well, I love a good girl fight so you know I was all about that particular fight.  She destroyed her opponent!

No church today on account of the fights... sorry God.

No training either on account of having to head out to Cash & Carry, a local mall.

Balboa got his nails clipped while I looked around for a shirt to get printed with my company name on it, picked up some light groceries and bought some BCAAs.

The other day I first ventured into this particular mall, Cash & Carry, after a friend recommended it for picking up super cheap supplements.  Cheap was right but holy competition.  On the one floor of the mall there are various supplement shops.  Oddly enough they're stacked with various supplements but their cash counter is bombarded with what looks like imported western snacks like bags of M&Ms the size of my head.  I'm not too sure if they're trying to be funny with teasing their clients or what but I thought that super weird.  I had purchased protein shake mix and a preworkout sub from one shop and I joked with the guy that if I gain a lot of weight from it then I'm going to come back here looking for him.  Tonight I showed up and told him the stuff he sold me made my hair pink.

Hahahahahaha.... perhaps that was way funnier to me than in reality.  I don't know.  I don't care.  I thought that was absolutely hilarious.

No comments: