As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Going With a Get-it-Done Female... Thursday, July 6

I wrote on my Facebook status at exactly 11:14pm that I seriously think I have hit the jackpot with my new broker.  After spending most of my day looking at locations online and dealing with random brokers on the phone and through email, I finally met my match.

I had talked to a total of six brokers... woozers.

But then it happened, I came across her.

The fact that she's a female is only perfect because my female-only company is being built so far by females only so it's pretty awesome to add her to my crew.

This broker called me twice and then phone texts that started at 12:42pm went well into the evening with the last one being at 11:21pm when she told me she'd text me in the morning to discuss which locations we will be seeing tomorrow.  Oh, and she emailed me a file she had put together of several possible locations... ALL of which are located in Makati and ALL of which bigger and cheaper than I expected and all within my budget.

And THAT'S how you hustle it like a boss babe!

[Enter mic drop here.]


No comments: