As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Solid Sparring with Solid Combos... Wednesday, July 5

"Dead Aim" is my boxing nickname.
"Bully Bere" is what a certain someone here calls me outside of the club.
And now "Dirty AIMy" is a name one of my gal pals here has started to call me.  She started today.

...too funny.

I, Dead Aim, headed out to Elorde Boxing Club for sparring today.  I haven't been there in 43 days because I moved out of Eastwood, traveled to Canada to pack up my life and say hi, and then I returned to the Philippines only to move into my new home here in Makati.  I lot has happened in 43 days but none of it has included training at my original Filipino boxing club.  I miss training there -- the coaches, the members, the club.

It took me an hour and ten minutes in an Uber to get to Elorde... and then of course I had to travel back.

It was so great to be back at Elorde, the first club I've been a member at here in the Philippines.  I got to see many of the coaches, the staff and a lot of my boxing buddies.  

Coach Arman wasn't able to come in for sparring today so Coach Garry arranged to have Coach Rocky step into the ring with me.  No pressure, he's only a former Filipino male champion boxer... nice.  He's a shorter guy who fights lower than my weight but don't kid yourself, he seems so much bigger in the ring in terms of his skills and strength.  I'm proud to note I got in some good combos and solid punches.  We went six rounds and in second round I got him with a solid upper cut, hook combo the left him needing to step back and give his head a bit of a shake.

No comments: