As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Necessities First... Monday, July 10

I hate shopping... with the exception of if it's for training gear or clothes.

I double hate shopping when I don't have money.

Enter today's dilemma. I had to go shopping for clothes with little to no money.  I have plenty of training gear, sure, but clothes that are business casual and suitable for all these business meetings I'm launching, not so much.  My clothes are limited in that department.

Today's shopping trip concluded with me getting two new shirts, a phone case and a pair of heels.

I've been sporting the same pair of heels since I left Korea, over two years now, and on Sunday they finally died on me.  They were already ghetto and sad looking.  Ghetto is using a permanent marker to marker over the scratches and scuff marks, and I did that, then on Sunday the side of my foot came out of my heel, literally.  There's a bit split in the side of the right shoe and the ghettoness I did to disguise how used and abused they were is no longer sufficient.  

I'm on a tight budget, so tight in fact that I tipped my coach a Blackberry cellphone... it's true.

I had brought my old Blackberry phone to the Philippines because I had numbers saved in it that I couldn't transfer over to my iPhone.  The other day I mentioned to Coach Bogs that I had it and today I gave it to him.  

All my money at this point goes to training and food.

No comments: