As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Challenge Yourself to Change Yourself... Thursday, August 17

Yup... I'm the girl that spends the entire week complaining about sprint training with the Makati Running Team and then shows up 30 minutes early for it.
...I still HATE sprint training...

And yup, I'm the girl that complained so much about having to do sprints and then, after showing up so bloody early, gets a text that it's been canceled.  Wow.  I figured I could do one of two things, jog home and count it as dodging that bullet... the bullet being of course sprint training... or I could do the workout I had come to do, which again of course would be sprint training.

I did the sprints.

Well, yes and no.  I did half the number of sprints, 4 instead of the full 8, but I also did three times the number of laps around the park.  Oh, and I pretty much felt "just as great" as I did the last time I did sprints which was really not great at all.  

What doesn't challenge you don't change you... right? Right.  

Tonight's challenge was definitely more of a mental one than a physical one.

No comments: