As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Gym Nasty All Day

I'm the happiest when I'm at the boxing club, perhaps that's why I built my own.
I'm not the only one who's super happy at the club... check out Coach Bogs and one of his fighters.
I have absolutely no idea what they're doing but they're making a racket laughing and acting all silly.
What makes me not happy is this massive container of BCAAs.
They're "unflavoured" but I argue the flavour is actually "pure nastiness".
The struggle to down a glass of this on a daily bases is real.
Back to being happily sweaty though I should note I'm not as happy at my condo gym as I am at the boxing club, not even close.  The lack of community vibe here is totally nonexistent.  It was like that at my condo in Eastwood and at the Fitness First I trained there too.

Community vibe at the boxing clubs here?  Definitely.
Community vibe at the fitness gyms here?  So far it's been a definite no... the search continues.

No comments: