As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, August 18, 2017

It was Go, Go, Go from the Moment I Woke Up

Got in some intense padwork with Coach Bogs today on a hot, hot, HOT Friday morning.
Today the temps were high outside and we definitely felt it inside the club.
And of course a random flex-off.  This time it was with Coach Jun Jun.
Another day of pushing myself to exhaustion with boxing... I love it.  Love, love, LOVE it!!!
From sweaty sweats to sweet clothes and lip gloss.  
I had to quickly go from athlete to entrepreneur for an out-of-town business meeting today.
After my meeting, I headed to High Street in BGC and snapped some pictures while I killed time before my next meeting.
I always get a good giggle when I look around and see just how beautiful the Philippines is.
I love living here, I much prefer the Philippines over Canada, but it's funny how those who have never been here are quick to label it as being so different than what it really is.  
They're so ignorant to their own ignorance.  
Snapped a quick pic before my last business meeting of the day, at Dr. Wine.

No comments: