As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

First We Sweat, Then Chat... Saturday, August 19

I come to Ayala Triangle Gardens 4 days a week...
Tuesday -- morning fasted run
Wednesday -- Empowered bootcamp in the evening
Thursday -- sprint training with the Makati Running Club
Saturday -- Empowered bootcamp in the morning

Today I headed there nice and early for my bootcamp.  I showed up early, prepared, and ready to teach my Empowered sisters some boxing on this fine, gorgeous morning.

...and then I waited.

One had messaged me around 3am, telling me she just got home from work and couldn't make it and then another messaged me this morning saying she couldn't come because of a prior commitment.

...still I waited for the others.

They showed up late and I'm not a fan of tardiness so I always get a bit annoyed it's always so short lived with those I coach.  I'm always happy to see them.  I have a really good crew of women that I'm training with Empowered.  There's currently 7 of them and they're all very positive and super fun to train.  To tell you the truth, I have never coached a person I didn't like or didn't enjoy training.  I think a big part of it has to do with the fact that I do love coaching and I do believe that what I'm doing is bettering them but that it's also bettering me, in different ways though.

Today's crew went from four to two but I had a lot of fun coaching those two and then after we stood around chatting and chatting till I started to hear my tummy grumble and then had to leave.  I had showed up at 9:15am for the 10am camp but it wasn't until after 12:30pm I arrived home.  The park is only but a 10 minute walk from my house so that really had nothing to do with the time. 

No comments: