As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Positive Things from Morning to Night

Headed out of town to the Fort where I was introduced to the location of a much anticipated new business -- Skittles' new business.  I'm so excited for him and it was very cool to see his new space.
It's beautiful, has amazing potential and it's very cool to be experiencing this and seeing it all go down before my eyes.  It's exciting but it's also intimidating.  Skittles is killing it here, seriously.
I was snapping pictures in Skittles' new space when I happened to look out the window and spot something.  Across the street was the artwork of the very artist I'm hoping to hire to do some wall graffiti in my new business.  I then went outside and snapped this picture with it.
 And then I spotted more of his artwork -- that beautiful heart.  Very cool.  
Hired this man to do some simple artwork for me today -- the printing of my crop sweater.
He put "Coach Amy" on the front for me and "Empowered" on the back.
 With my newly printed crop top on, I headed out to meet up with the Makati Running Club.
 It was my first time running with them, something I've been wanting to do for the last week and a half but couldn't because spontaneous business meetings.
 Definitely going to try harder to make it out to more runs, for sure.  They run daily at 6am but I'm not a morning person.  They also run every Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30pm.  I hoping to make at least one of these two evening runs on a weekly bases.

No comments: