As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Waiting For the Kick... Wednesday, August 16

I'm finally back to feeling the my fabulous, fierce self and I realized this when I stepped into the boxing club and laced up my boxing boots.  I didn't feel like I was fighting my own body with having to push it at training.  My body felt up to par with how it was before I started having complications from my preworkout supplement.

Speaking of preworkout supplements, Coach Bogs and I had discussed my lack of energy this past week and I had noted I suspected it being due to overusing it -- using it for a too lengthy period of time without taking a break from it.  Plus, I had gone from one preworkout sup to another one but with no break.  

Today I brought Coach Bogs two servings of the preworkout sup I just stopped taking.  

He's never taken this particular preworkout sup.

I was super amused at the reaction of him and the other coaches asking me about it, particularly by those who had never taken a preworkout sup before and were clueless as to how to actually take it.  I teased them by telling them they had to snort it but they knew I was just joking when I broke out into nonstop giggles.  One of the other coaches asked Coach Bogs if he could try it so I mixed up a half dosage in his water bottle.  I totally came off as some kind of druggie when I asked for a piece of paper and then made a funnel out of it.  I've never taken a drug in my life but I have had my fair share of struggles with getting my protein into my water bottle.  Their reaction was priceless.

If you've ever experienced someone taking their first ever preworkout supplement, them waiting for it to "kick in", then you'll understand the pure amusement I had for the following hour or so.  He walked around the club, making faces, scratching his head and wondering if it was taking effect.  It made for quite the hilarious distraction during training and not just my training but everyone else who knew what had happened.

No comments: