As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Today On Facebook... Saturday, September 23

STATUS UPDATE #1...
I don't live in Korea anymore, I left 2yrs ago after 11.5yrs.
I don't live in Canada anymore, I was only there for 2yrs.
I live in the Philippines, I've been here for 6 months. 
If you don't know the above then you're really in no position to ask me personal, private questions because we're not close. That's not me being rude, that's me being honest.

I've had a few people randomly message me the past few weeks and ask me about Korea which in every single case implied that they had no idea I don't still live there.  It's one thing for people to not know I don't live there but it's another thing when some of them to think it's fair game to ask me personal questions.  I came super close to letting someone believe that my ex, who they clearly didn't know is my now ex, has died.  He asked about him and when I told him he was out of the loop he responded by asking me if he had passed away.  I didn't respond, I let him draw his own conclusions.


STATUS UPDATE #2...
SELF DISCIPLINE: it's eating only half of the delish meal Ranji [my friend] made me at Mantra and knowing the other half is sitting in my fridge... in the next room... waiting for me to gobble it down... Tomorrow?! Today?! ... Right now?! 
I held off.  I didn't finish it today.  The struggle was real!

My buddy's restaurant, Mantra, makes this amazing chicken spinach dish that I don't even know what it's called beyond me calling it a piece of Heaven.  It's super delish and today, after hours of slaving away at work and fuelling up on coffee after breakfast, having a plate of his already super delish food tasted all that more spectacular.


STATUS UPDATE #3...
BEST MIC DROP E-V-E-R after a guy tried to impress me by topping every statement I had. It started with him telling me that he was a boxer too. 
"I made Korea's largest boxing club... mic drop!"
One of the wait staff clapped for that and dude left.

While out with friends tonight, enjoying some live music, I was continually interrupted by this particular guy at the bar who was clearly playing the numbers and trying hard to get my attention.  He even went so far as to wait for me outside the bathroom which isn't even in the bar area but instead is down the hall in the hotel.  Finally, when I went to one part of the bar to snap some pictures and an Instagram Story, he cornered me.  He tried hard to beat every single sentence I spoke but I had the last laugh by dropping word of Hulk's.  I did the whole "mic drop" with my arm out and hand mimicking me dropping an actual mic and then when I walked away one of the waitstaff who had seen it all go down high fived me.

No comments: