As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 27, 2017

An Unexpected Blessing... Friday, October 27

I'm a starving athlete and a broke entrepreneur so food is super important to me, it's fuel for my training, but I make barely any money to keep myself fuelled up. Yummy Diet has been helping me out with keeping me properly and adequately fuelled up thanks to their daily deliveries of freshly made cooked meals that don't suck up all the change in my pocket. 

Today they added a sweet bonus to my morning delivery. 

I opened up my package of meals they sent me and inside was a cute Halloween treat and then what looked like a little card of some sort. I opened it, super eager to find out just exactly what it was. Inside it was a little note telling me that I had won their Halloween give away. I didn't even know they were having one nor did I know I'd even be entered for such a contest but apparently I was. Attached to the little note was a gift certificate for 1,000Php. That's almost equivalent to half off my next week's worth of meals!!! I was so shocked but honestly it couldn't have come at a better time. I had cancelled two of my business networking meetings I was suppose to have earlier this week because the travelling cost for both was way too expensive for me. Every paso I spend gets pondered in my life these days, seriously. It's borderline ridiculous but being an entrepreneur it's such a real life reality. 

I had much anticipation over these two business networking events but they crashed and burn when I found out just how expensive it'd cost me. The one event, this past Wednesday for example, the costs connected with it (the Uber there and back, the ticket, and then the dinner) would have cost me almost the price of a full week of cooked delivered meals. 

Of course it takes money to make money, I definitely know that, but if you don't have money to spend then, well, you just can't spend. Am waiting for some of my clients from the boot camps to pay their fees.

Life is good, I admit that, but money is tight and sometimes I kind of like it. It reminds me to watch my spending habits and buy out of necessity and not want. Anyways, today, Yummy Diet sending me that most unexpected gift certificate hit a tender spot and I was touched. It was so unexpected but so sweet and so needed.

No comments: