As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Friday's Dose of Goodness and Greatness

 This was how I started my day, with an unexpected blessing.
After breakfast, it was off to training.  I think Charlie may be back, you know... the amoeba we named Charlie.  I wasn't feeling so well in the morning today so I went into training a bit late hoping it'd go away.  It didn't really but I pushed on regardless and got in some solid training.  No excuses.
From sweaty to sweet, got dolled up for an evening out with friends as we attended an opening party.
 I'M Hotel now has a rooftop patio bar, it's called Antidote.  
When I walked in, this massive sign greeted me... "pick your poison".  
Taking a picture of that sign meant missing one of the main attractions... their jelly fish tanks!!!
The whole wall right behind the bar consisted of these jelly fish infested fish tanks and I was told there was something like 700 jelly fish in them... wow.  It was absolutely gorgeous.

I had to laugh because it reminded me of this notorious water tank at the Toronto Pearson Airport.  Inside that tank are these clear plastic boxes and every time I've gone to that airport I've always taken my picture there.  Tonight's tanks don't have clear plastic boxes in them though, they have real life jelly fish, proving yet again that life in Asia IS better.

No comments: