As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, October 23, 2017

Back at Boxing

I'M BACK!!!... felt so good to be back in the boxing club, boots on, hands wrapped and Coach Bogs yelling out the shots during padwork. It was a rough road to recovery full of total frustration but now I'm back to training hard. I love it and I missed it. 

Hard lesson learned -- listen to your body and see a doctor if you feel something is off because no matter how strong or how tough you think you are, you are after all still just a human. 

Love your body, challenge it to change it, but also listen to it. To listen to it means to respect it.
 Today I watched as Coach Bogs geared up one of his fighters for sparring.
Oh how I miss sparring, seriously.  It use to be something that really made me nervous to partake in but now I love it.  I still get butterflies the morning of it but that's part of the enjoyment of it, the anticipation and love for the challenges it poses.

No comments: