As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Feeling Blessed... Tuesday, October 24

Just feeling really blessed to be here in the Philippines and to be so supported.  Today I had an important business meeting with a very successful female Filipino entrepreneur who has made quite a career for herself.  I met here a while back, when I first came to the Philippines, and today I met up with her at her office to talk to her about Empowered and how I'd love for her to become connected with us.  There I sat, us two ladies gabbing away in her office.  Laughing and smiling, sharing stories, and connecting.  

I've met a lot of inspiring entrepreneurs here in the Philippines, this IS the land of the entrepreneur, but it's been particularly inspiring to met many female entrepreneurs and see just how humble and supportive they are of not only each other but also of me.  

She loved my idea of Empowered and told me to email her some details and whatnot, so that we can further advice some of the ideas I presented her with.  

In the evening I had my Empowered boot camp to coach.  It was a small group tonight but I like my small Wednesday crew.  Sometimes it's actually just me doing personal training and I'm more than fine with it because it's all about bettering one's health and having fun with it.  Tonight I had a new girl join me.  I told her I'd give her one free session and so she showed up for it.  I actually ran into her last week, at last week's Empowered bootcamp, when her and her two friends thought it funny to jump in on my coaching.  It's pretty cool that she took me up on my offer and it was a lot of fun training her but boy did that little lady have a mean punch on her.  I anticipated her to be a strong gal, after all she had told me that she's on a rowing team, a fact that I think is pretty awesome, but I wasn't expecting her to be so strong.  So there I was, doing padwork with two ladies -- one that is very technical and the other that is very powerful.  They're such opposite fighters but I thought that was awesome because they could learn off each other and it helped me figure out how to balance coaching two very different fighters at the same time.

Empowered women empower women, it's the motto of my business, Empowered, but it's really become ingrained in my everyday life.  Whether it's with the business networking I'm doing or the ladies I'm coaching, I can't even begin to tell you just how true this is in the Philippines for me and the journey I'm on.  It's so very awesome! 

No comments: