As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea on February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, reality TV star, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company (Flipside Fitness), CEO of my own boxing club (Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing), and now I'm launching my 3rd business -- Empowered Clubhouse.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again. This time it was for the Philippines. That's where I am now, living in the land of the happy people. The struggles are real and the struggles are many but I'm living life on my terms, I'm calling the shots, and I'm doing what I love. Life is an amazing adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Back to the Grind... Tuesday, October 10

Yesterday I didn't even so much as leave my house or step out into the hallway of my condo.  My food was delivered and Balboa got walked but not by me.   I spent all my time, effort and attention to getting better.

Today I felt so much better so I headed out to do about a million and one errands that got put on the shelf while this food poisoning took priority and control so to thank Balboa for being such a faithful little companion I took him with me.  He went every where with me today -- the printers, the drugstore, the bank, the park, and he even dropped into the church with me.  

Later in the evening I headed off to boxing.

It felt so good to be back at the boxing club, lacing up my boxing boots and wrapping up my hands.  Unfortunately it didn't feel so good to be back skipping, warming up for my boxing.  All that jumping was a bit too much for my still-in-recovery stomach so I felt rather naucious skipping.  Besides that though, I felt pretty good.  Pretty good considering how out of commission I've been since last Wednesday/Thursday.

I showed up at the boxing club in the early evening.  I knew it'd be busy but I also knew I'd be somewhat dependent on the energy of those training to help me get through my own training.  I was greeted by Coach Bogs who asked if I was okay and by several of the other coaches who I know they all were in on the loop with why I've been away at training.  I have many of them on Facebook and Instagram and well, they're a close group of guys.  They talk.  

It felt good to be back at training, back among the fighters training and back doing my thing.

I knew not to push it too much with my boxing so I opted out of padwork with Coach Bogs and stuck to doing extra rounds on the heavy bag instead.  Tomorrow I'll be back and tomorrow I'm hoping to be back doing padwork.  Until then, I did my own thing tonight at the boxing club.

No comments: