As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Making the Most Out of This Saturday


Today's Empowered boot camp was a Tabata workout with 30 seconds on, 15 seconds off.
 Four of my six Empowered sisters showed up for training.
Last week they had rain and this week they had an excess of sun and heat.
 Celebrating another slayed workout with Empowered.
I had some errands to do today so I took Balboa with me today.
I had to venture back to the mall... malls... where I got lost yesterday.  
I didn't get quite as lost today but boy did we walk a lot.
Headed over to the vet so that Balboa could get his nails trimmed.  He was such a good boy for them and he scored a most unexpected kiss on the forehead from one of the vets.  Super sweet.
 In the evening I was spoiled with a beautiful night out, starting with a special dinner at my favourite restaurants, Crying Tiger.  It's a Thai place that has amazing food and I love the vibe of the place.  It's tucked away down a side street so it's a bit out of the way but it's well worth the trek.

Dinner at Crying Tiger and than dessert, halo-halo, at The Pennisula.
Within The Pennisula hotel is one of my favourite places here in Makati, The Salon De Ning.  I first saw this place on my birthday and today marked my third time coming here.  I absolutely love the amazing energy here, the dancers, the live music and the staff here are so sweet.  I was approached by several of the staff who recognized me and approached me to personally tell me it was nice to see me again.  Best place to spend a Saturday night in Makati hands down!!!

No comments: