As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, October 12, 2017

New Connection, New Era... Thursday, October 12

My meeting with New Era was a huge success… HUGE! 

They loved me, I loved them. 

We met at a café, the 5 of us – 3 of them and me with a business mentor of mine. I really didn’t have to do much to sell them on me because I had been boasted and bragged about by Skittles and they had done some homework on me. I sat down with them today to tell them some of my story, why boxing and why Empowered. The responded to my story with questions and lots of great ideas on how they and I could work together. 

New Era is thought of as a cap company and they originally started with baseball caps but now they do athletic clothing and accessories. It originated in Buffalo, New York,in 1920 by a guy who borrowed $5,000 from his aunt to start it and now the company has over 500 different licenses in its portfolio. Impressive. 

What interests me the most about New Era is the weight that comes with them being a name people are very familiar with and who have come to know and trust. New Era Philippines has 40.9 thousand followers on Instagram and that’s just their Philippines page. They have an impressive following and to be able to be a part of what they’re doing would be such an amazing opportunity for what I’m doing here in the Philippines.

No comments: