As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Almost Back at Full Speed

I refuse to ride the "but I was just sick" excuse card so Coach Bogs put on the mitts and we did padwork. Not going to lie, my body took a beating this past week and I know it'll take a little time to get back to where it was just a week ago but I also know I'm not a quitter. I don't give up, never have, never will. No one remembers the quitter.
On days when training is extra hard, I remember a funny line someone once told me... "Fight through the struggle. Fight like you're the third monkey trying to make it on Noah's ark!". Well put, thanks big guy.
 Leave it to Coach Bogs to create a new exercise.  I don't know whether to call it the handstand tire push-up or simply crazy but he managed to do it and he did it over and over a few times.
Multi-tasking after boxing.  
Sitting there sipping on my post workout smoothie, while I charge my phone, edit some pics on my cell, towel dry, and spend some time with Balboa before I then rush out the door for my hair appointment.
Balboa's reaction to my fresh new hair... shock and jealousy. He's use to being the prettiest one in this house but, thanks to Kapwa Studio, perhaps I'm the prettier one now. Nice!!!
Actually, it was more like this... I asked him if he liked my new hair, batted my lashes, and then this happened.  It's almost as if he laughed at me and I totally caught it on camera!

No comments: