- Contact the Korean Boxing Commission.
- Respond to emails regarding Hulk's Boxing.
- Contact some coaches in Korea.
- Work on English/Korean translations for Hulk's Boxing.
- Create a simple teaser ad/cover shot for Empowered.
- Repair one of my medicine balls.
- Repair the toe of one of my boxing boots.
- Reload my cell phone.
- Set up meeting location for tomorrow's meeting.
- Create two new business cards.
- Work on the Empowered website.
- Arrange my hair appointment.
- Inquire about corporate papers.
- Email all new Empowered members (40+ ladies)
As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea on February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, reality TV star, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company (Flipside Fitness), CEO of my own boxing club (Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing), and now I'm launching my 3rd business -- Empowered Clubhouse.
After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again. This time it was for the Philippines. That's where I am now, living in the land of the happy people. The struggles are real and the struggles are many but I'm living life on my terms, I'm calling the shots, and I'm doing what I love. Life is an amazing adventure and this is my story of yesterday.