As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, October 30, 2017

Starting Another Busy Week

My shirt reads "No days off" which is only appropriate because pretty much 
this whole week is a holiday here in the Philippines but not for us at the boxing club.
I posted this picture on Facebook today though I couldn't exactly disclose where I was.  I was at Snicker's opening-soon salon.  I was one of their "practice clients" today and I also got to be their "practice model" for their scratch work. 
 Only these ladies are allowed here; they're part of the crew.

The Philippines is loaded with many unusual names, Baby Girl being one of them.  Today I actually met a girl named Baby Girl.  She was super sweet and very nice but I vouched that because I was older that name was mine, it's my nickname.  I gave it to the Starbucks girl when she asked for my name at my business meeting.  It was only funny to her when she realized I wasn't Filipino so I guess I'll let Baby Girl keep her name.  She legally owns it. 

No comments: