As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, October 30, 2017

Making Up For What's Next... Monday, October 30

This week a good chunk of it is a holiday here in the Philippines.  Businesses will be closed, business calls and emails won't even be answered, and Makati will consequently turn into a ghost town. But it's not a holiday for us not for us here at the boxing club. I've come to the conclusion that if boxing is the hardest of sports then the coaches and us fighters are the hardest working of workers because the club will be one of the very few things opened this week and training will resume as usual and as expected for us fighters. No days off and no excuses.

Technically only Tuesday to Thursday is a holiday but I know many who are taking today off AND Friday off, thus creating a full week holiday.  Good for them but but for me.  Today I felt the pressure of everyone taking most of the week off so I scrambled to get my business emails sent and business meetings set up.  I felt as if I had to do an overdose of work today to make up for the anticipated slow week that's to follow.  After my boxing in the morning, I raced home to shower and then head the door so that I could get to BGC and attach some business stuff I had out there.

Returned home after 11pm.

No comments: