As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Always Under Construction

Like every Sunday, today's Sunday started off with a trip to the Legaspi Sunday Market.
I love this scene not because of the pool but because of the contrast of the pool with the building being constructed in the background.  Some days I look up at that building and feel just like it, constantly under construction, and then other days I wonder if it'll be built before my business gets fully off the ground.
This is the 5th ever bikini shot I've taken of myself and posted on Instagram since I arrived here in the Philippines 256 days ago yet I can't even count how many times I've been in it.

It's funny to look at it, personally that is, because I see the flaws in my body and where I want change.  We all want change, I'm no different, and everyday I'm hustling it at the gym, slaying it with the clean eating, and really working towards it.  I've got goals, they're high but others have attained them.  I just lack the patience though, I know.  I know my body has changed but I want more.
 In the evening I headed over to Elite were I was greeted with some sparring between the young guys.
Refusing to let my weekend be my weak end, here I am exhausted after boxing, exhausted after ab work, and holding just enough energy left to pose for a picture with Coach Jun Jun.

No comments: