As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, November 03, 2017

My Phone was Hilariously Hijacked

This past week I was given some new socks for my boxing.  On one sock it reads "slay" and on the other it reads "team".  Slay is an English slay word that no Filipino at my boxing club knew what it meant.  I explained the meaning to them and it was funny hearing them try to use it.  I gave Coach Bogs a pair of my socks and today he wore them.  I was outside, walking to the boxing club, when I spotted him down the street eating at a local street vendor, wearing them.  Instantly I broke out into a loud laugh.

Occasionally my phone gets hijacked by the coaches if I leave it out on the open, on the boxing ring floor.  Today it was hijacked.  Coach Bogs thought it funny to take random pictures... and some of us thought it even funnier to photo bomb his pictures.

No comments: