As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, November 04, 2017

So Much for a Short Run... Saturday, November 4

So picture the scene... I'm not suppose to be training today, I promised no boxing and no weights, but I wanted to go to BGC to see Skittles' new salon.  So I went by foot; I ran.  I had my breakfast, ate my lunch and then headed out a couple of hours later.  

According to Google,.. because you know it's ALWAYS right and always answers "must be cancer" for all your shouldn't-have-but-did injury inquiries,.. it stated that the distance was 4.3kms and would take an hour and 3 minutes to walk.  I was going to run it though and at my usual 5.20min/km pacing, I figured it'd take me about 25-30mins because I had to factor in a whack of street lights and perhaps a wrong turn.

It took me about 25 minutes to get there.  I ran in the rain.

Getting back on the other hand... an hour and thirty minutes!!!

Ran into a street festival and, well, I'm the kind of girl that when it comes to directions, if you turn me around three times I'm lost.  I have no bearings.  That's pretty much what happened.  The street festival went straight through my route so the street was blocked off and they weren't allowing anyone to exit at the one end, the end I needed to continue on my run via... hence how I got lost.  I thought I'd simply go around.  Ya, no such luck.  My phone only has wifi and I only had 150Php in my pocket so getting an Uber or paying for a cab back was a no go.  Stopping into a Starbucks to use their wifi was an epic fail on account that apparently I had found the one Starbucks in the entire country that didn't have wifi.  Checked into another coffee shop, their wifi was done.  Of course.

So now I'm lost in this massive city, soaked from the rain and my sweat, frustrated, and now I'm getting so hungry which means I'm now also getting very hangry.  It wasn't good. 

Finally arrived home.  Soaked, frustrated, hangry, exhausted, and sporting a massive blister on my left foot from running in the rain with no soaks... nice.

Showered, ate, and then headed over to the boxing club.  I knew seeing them all would cheer me up.

No comments: