As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, December 22, 2017

Back it Up... Friday, December 22

My glove design was due today and my laptop crashed this morning. I felt like I was in University all over again. It's like the time I ran out of paper for an essay that was due at 9am and my dad drove over an hour at 2am to drop off some paper he had at his home. 
The struggle was real.

Turned on the computer today and what should pop up but a gray screen and a file folder with a question mark on it.  That file folder picture had only one question on it but I had many, many, MANY questions popping up in my head, one right after the other.

Off to BGC the computer was taken.

I headed into boxing but my mind was all on that computer and the many business files of mine that were on it, the programs that I could only imagine how much they costed, and all my pictures that I just recently loaded onto it.  I couldn't concentrate at boxing.  Coach Bogs wasn't there yet so I left.  

Off to BGC to find answers about the computer.

I ran there.

I ran there and then I headed over to the Apple repair store where it was being worked on.  Then it was off to the mall to buy a new internal hard drive for it.  The guy at the Apple store said we had a 1 in 10 chance of being able to retrieve any files off it so I tried my best to stay positive.  The first sign of positivity was with finding a new hard drive.  Several of the stores in the mall didn't have one and even the guy at the Apple store didn't have one.  He said that if he ordered it that it'd take about 2 weeks for it to be delivered.  

BINGO... found a hard drive at one of the stores!!!

Next was to hold our breath for 7pm.  That's when the Apple repair guy said he'd call with news.

7pm came and 7pm went. 

Around 7:30pm I got news -- bad news and good news.  The bad news was that all those programs were lost but the good news was that all the files had been retrieved.  Sweet!!!  

I wasn't able to hand in my glove design to my suppliers today but later on, when I was at boxing, I showed my design to one of the trainers and we started bouncing ideas around.  Perhaps it's a good thing I didn't hand in my design just yet because now I'm wanting to change the print on the glove a bit.  Am thinking about adding the word "slay" to the side, in a massive font.  

Lesson learnt today, back things the hell up!!!

No comments: