As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Bye, Bye 2017... Sunday, December 31

I ended 2017 and started 2018 the way I started life, buck naked.  Leading up to that though, I was fully clothed.  Well, as fully clothed as one would be in the hot Philippines.  And then I left to go celebrate the new year as close to naked as I could socially be.  Everyone dressed up and I dresssed small.  I was going to enter in this new year loud and proud, rocking the very thing for years I was always so self-conscious of wearing -- short shorts!!!

It was a busy last day of 2017 and it started with homemade pancakes and a cappuccino.

It was Holm's vrs Cyborg on the UFC fight card for the day so I headed over to Handle Bar, a bar out of town that I've never been to before.  Our usual UFC-watching bar was closed to the public today as they prepared for tonight's New Year's Eve celebrations, hence the trip out to Handle Bar.  It was a biker bar with a lived-in kind of feeling that I actually quite liked.  

Dinner out consisted of dinner in -- ordered Mantra.  

The plan was to go out to celebrate New Year's Eve but I learned the other day that the Philippines goes big with their New Year's Eve fireworks and, being that I'm in a tall condo, I decided to just stay home and watch it from my window.  So that's exactly what I did.  I saved myself the price of a ticket I can't afford and instead sat in my bedroom and watched it.  I saved money and Balboa didn't have to freak out alone.  He's been spooked of fireworks and any kind of loud sudden noise ever since that night in Cabbagetown.

Around 1:30am, I got dressed and left for The Belle & Dragon where I met with friends.

No comments: