As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, December 23, 2017

Can I Just Sleep Through This?!... Saturday, December 23

I only prepared four gifts this year for Christmas.

I bought a Balboa a new collar and leash, something he's been needing for awhile.

I bought two extra large pizzas for all the coaches and staff at Elite.

I bought a card and placed money in it for Coach Bogs.  

I bought a cake for the De Castro family party I'll be going to tomorrow.

Last year I was all about writing Christmas cards but this year I only prepared two, one for Skittles and one for Coach Bogs.  I'm not feeling the Christmas spirit and I suspect this year it's going to be a hard one.  Last year I was surrounded by extended family, my "adopted" family, but I don't know about this year and every year calling my father in Canada on Christmas is getting harder and harder.  

I was suppose to go to a business event tonight but I ended up canceling.  The harsh realities of Christmas hit me early and I wanted nothing more than to just stay home with Balboa and sleep the entire holiday away.  So that's what I did.  I went boxing and totally, completely exhausted myself, to the point where I almost just crashed after training as oppose to showering and eating first.  

Bah humbug... blahhhhhh.

No comments: