As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Counting Down...Thursday, December 28

Frustrating is responding to a condo ad and being shown pretty much every condo under the sun except the one you specifically requested to see. 

But anyways...

Disappointing is getting word that your current landlord is going back on his word, that he's not actually your landlord but instead his mom is.  One month's rent, officially lost thanks to a grown man who can't grow some balls and tell his mom he agreed to a different arrangement with us.  Like I have the luxury of losing one month's rent. 

But anyways...

Think positive.
Think positive.
Think positive.
...and if you can't think positive go punch something.

Dang, no boxing.  Spent my entire day out in BGC, The Fort, condo hunting.  

I'm going to agree to the second last condo we saw.  It's in a super new building, a building so new the front entrance isn't even finished so we had to go in through the back parking garage.  The pool and gym aren't finished either.  We're more or less banking on their finished building being like the concept video we've seen online but at this point all I really care is the actual unit I'll be renting.  It's great and, on the positive side, a new building means bugs haven't moved in yet.  Even at the Grand Midori where I'm currently living, it's super clean and the building is very maintained but there are bugs.  Bugs on the daily and I hate, hate, HATE bugs.  

There we go... thinking positive.

The countdown is on until I leave Makati, leave my condo and move to The Fort.

No comments: