As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Sample Gloves Have Arrived

Shipment of new samples for Empowered gloves came in and when I put my hands into them, this was my reaction.  It was one of those "holy crap this is really happening" moments.
Empowered, in Makati and BGC, and apparently coming soon to your fists too.  I like it.
These are 14oz, sparring gloves, so they look big because they are big.  I'm big on Empowered being written on the fist as such but not a fan of the smaller label.  It's not needed but I appreciate my supplier in Pakistan playing around with the look. 
I was on such a high from those gloves.  The excitement of things coming together even though they might not be totally on par with my vision but they're a work in motion.  I then took my high to the boxing club and slaved away at training.

No comments: