As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, January 05, 2018

Day One of Life in The Fort

Woke up to this, The Fort busy and in full gear just outside my condo window.
This view reminds me of The Captain's office view in Toronto.  I remember him showing me this awesome view of the city, a totally unobstructed 
Reason 101 why leaving home is hard... the cuteness of him is too much!
Today it started -- my runs to Makati from The Fort, BGC.
With all the traffic and jeepneys on McKinley, I had to wear a bandana.
And of course I had to pack light too because all my gear had to fit into my backpack 
and strapped on my back while I ran to and from the boxing club.
I'm the ninja in the city, apparently.  If it weren't for the fact that I'm a chick with hot pink running shoes and a hot pink backpack, I'm sure I would have got different looks from security along the way.
The field outside my condo works for a great place to do some post training stretching.
And then of course I come home to this cuteness overdose and all is chill again.

No comments: