As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Definitely Didn't Plan for Any of This

This wasn't my first time coming to this park but it was definitely my first time coming to train in it.
No sooner had I walked in but this friendly guy said hi to me.  He lapped around the park and then asked to take a picture with me.  I said "sure".
I came to train by myself tonight but ended up having four awesome little kids join me.
 Props to these amazing kids for working out with me.  Loved their enthusiasm and energy.

I lived in Korea for 11.5yrs so I've had my fair share of Korean food.  I once had a taste of it when I was out at The Mall of Asia, watching some boxing bouts, but tonight was the first time I agreed to Korean BBQ, an official Korean meal.
The meal was super delish but ultra delish.  In Korea this is a typical meal and it's rather cheap.

The food tasted pretty authetic except for one of the soups but the deliverance of it wasn't authentic.  In Korea, the would have been more on the ball with refilling the side dishes and they would have given a lot more lettuce to wrap the meat in and definitely more garlic and red pepper paste.  I'll settle for Korean food outside of Korea for now though.  It comes with less drama.

No comments: