As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, January 26, 2018

Feeling Unstoppable... Friday, January 26

If you're reading this, you're the first ones to know this.  I'm waiting till Monday to announce the news.  Waiting till Monday is going to be brutal because I'm so super excited and so very hyper because of what went down.  Let me tell you...

I got contacted by Yummy Diet the other week, they asked to meet up with me today.  As many people are aware, I've been paying Yummy Diet to make and drop off my meals on a daily bases for the past few months.  I'm not on a diet and I'm not looking to lose weight, but juggling being an athlete, an entrepreneur and a gal that doesn't like cooking makes it hard for me.  I decided to research the various food delivery companies here in the Philippines and Yummy Diet came out as best for me.  Their meals meet my nutritional and macros needs as a pro athlete, their service fits my budget as an entrepreneur, and they've never compromised on taste or bored me with their meals.  

I showed up about 5 minutes to the meeting place for our meeting and as I walked towards the entrance the door a man sitting at one of the patio tables called out my name.  I turned and there were three individuals from Yummy Diet.  I thought this would be just a simple and informal meeting but there were three of them, they had a whole computer slide show, and they had clearly done their research on me and how they can be incorporated into my life.  I was so impressed.

Today's meeting was to meet me and to approach me about them sponsoring me as a brand ambassador.  They want to do some promo stuff with me and help me with getting the word out about Empowered by adding my company flyer in with their daily delivery packs.  Moreover, just recently Yummy Diet launched Supreme Diet, a diet that's low carb, high protein and mid fats, and they want to start me on it.  So, starting this Monday, I'll be enjoying their Supreme Diet.  

I don't really know what I was expecting from this meeting but it was amazing and to be supported by a company that I personally researched and agreed to go with is so very awesome.  I think they're a fabulous company because they're honest in what they're doing.  There are so many food delivery companies out here that are totally cashing in on people's ignorance of what it means to eat healthy; it's actually quite frustrating and disgusting.  But Yummy Diet isn't like that at all, I totally stand behind what they're doing, so much so that I'm hoping to collaborate with them once Empowered Clubhouse opens.  I want to add them in on our premium membership and have their products at our Fuel Lounge.  

It's been a rocky two weeks for me with it starting off on such an extreme low because of parting ways with my business partner.  But in taking her out of the picture, I've been really focused on pushing further and the universe has been bringing back what I've been putting into it -- determination and positive vibes.  Word has it a local photographer is interested in doing a possible documentary on me, the Drug Rehab loves my FitSquad Mentoring Program I'm launching soon, my Empowered boxing classes are getting a lot of rave reviews, I'm hoping to meet with the manager of probably the most upscale fitness gym here to collaborate with him, and now Yummy Diet has reached out to me.  

Life is good.  The struggle is hard but it's so worth it because I love it and my hard work is really starting to pay off.

No comments: