As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Future Hiring Potential... Tuesday, January 16

With me no longer having a business partner for Empowered and consequently now being the only coach, I'm going to have to hire another coach.  The idea was to open Empowered with a minimal staff.  Both Coach Farah and I would be coaching all the clients but we'd be hiring another boxing coach.  Now with it just being me, I need to not only hire another boxing coach but also a functional weight training coach.  

The perfect plan would be to two get two coaches who can do both.

When I open Empowered, I'm looking to open with the smallest number of staff possible, until we up our clientele numbers that is.  The idea is to start with a staff of 6 -- 2 coaches, 2 Fuel Lounge ladies, and 2 front desk/assistants.  

Tonight I was asked about Empowered and then I was asked if I'd consider them for a position with my company.  It was so super flattering but sad because in asking me for a job she then revealed the hardships of her job.  She gets paid so little.  I'm quite familiar with her, I coach her, and I'm quite familiar with where she works because I worked for that company in Canada for a bit.  I was their in-house boxing coach but the company treated me better in Canada than they treat here in the Philippines and that doesn't say much because I too didn't like the job so much.  She's a great girl and I would love to give her a job, the fact that she even asked though was very cool.  I'm excited about one day soon having to pick out my team for Empowered.  I see how Skittles is with his staff and they're awesome.  They love their job and he's got a fantastic team going that is very much a team.  I am looking forward to building mine.


No comments: