As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, January 19, 2018

Getting It Done... Friday, January 19

2.5 hours of walking, 3 different locations in 1 city and about a dozen people, ranging from construction workers and security guards, to an assistant manager and a guy on the street, I randomly had to approach, talk to and ask for directions, information, contact details, and help.

But I did it.

I've been waiting well over a month and a half from a real estate broker for what I did in 2.5 hours -- find out and locate those responsible for the commercial space I'm interested in McKinley.  And not only did I find out the information but I landed myself in the boardroom of the company that owns that particular space, Megaworld, they discussed two additional spaces that are available, and they discussed presenting my company at their weekly board meeting next week.  

Take that!!!

Not sure if you realize this or not but I've been told that apparently here in the Philippines the real estate broker gets the first month rent as their commission.  That's a big chunk of cash.  It's also a big chunk of cash that the broker I've been recommended to work with, the broker I had inquired about that particular space to, is also no longer getting.  I did all the work and I've got the blisters forming on my feet and the tan lines to prove it.

Now to type up the needed documents for the application I was sent home with.  The plan is to finish it by Monday evening, print it and deliver it by Tuesday, then have them present it on Wednesday.

My motto for this week apparently is if you want it done, do it yourself.

No comments: