As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea on February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I went from being some random foreign girl to taking on labels I never imagined – university professor, film extra, professional boxer, reality TV star, CEO of my own girls-only fitness company (Flipside Fitness), CEO of my own boxing club (Hulk's Club, formerly known as Hulk's Boxing), and now I'm launching my 3rd business -- Empowered Clubhouse.

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again. This time it was for the Philippines. That's where I am now, living in the land of the happy people. The struggles are real and the struggles are many but I'm living life on my terms, I'm calling the shots, and I'm doing what I love. Life is an amazing adventure and this is my story of yesterday.

Friday, January 19, 2018

Getting It Done... Friday, January 19

2.5 hours of walking, 3 different locations in 1 city and about a dozen people, ranging from construction workers and security guards, to an assistant manager and a guy on the street, I randomly had to approach, talk to and ask for directions, information, contact details, and help.

But I did it.

I've been waiting well over a month and a half from a real estate broker for what I did in 2.5 hours -- find out and locate those responsible for the commercial space I'm interested in McKinley.  And not only did I find out the information but I landed myself in the boardroom of the company that owns that particular space, Megaworld, they discussed two additional spaces that are available, and they discussed presenting my company at their weekly board meeting next week.  

Take that!!!

Not sure if you realize this or not but I've been told that apparently here in the Philippines the real estate broker gets the first month rent as their commission.  That's a big chunk of cash.  It's also a big chunk of cash that the broker I've been recommended to work with, the broker I had inquired about that particular space to, is also no longer getting.  I did all the work and I've got the blisters forming on my feet and the tan lines to prove it.

Now to type up the needed documents for the application I was sent home with.  The plan is to finish it by Monday evening, print it and deliver it by Tuesday, then have them present it on Wednesday.

My motto for this week apparently is if you want it done, do it yourself.

No comments: