As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, January 25, 2018

I'm Not Actually a Grown Up... Thursday, January 25

I may or may have not sat in my bed for nine hours straight, working on my FitSquad Mentoring Program. 

Don't judge. 

I didn't.  I spent nine and a half.

I also may have called my workers Tits.

In a phone conversation regarding the FitSquad Mentoring Program I'm creating for the Bicutan Drug Rehab Centre, I've called the staff that I'll be there Trainers-in-Training.  In always saying Trainers-in-Training though, I thought I'd be cool and make an abbreviated version right on the spot.  "My main focus will be on the staff from DOH that I'm personally training, the Trainers-in-Training, T-I-Ts for short", I told them, "there are two of them."

And then there was a pause.

On my end of the phone, I had my hand over my mouth, trying hard not to let my giggling become uncontrollable.  Turns out he didn't even catch my mishap.  Instead, he responded with, "how many do you want" to which I responded with "four".  I only said one word but it took every ounce of willpower in my little Polish body not to completely burst out in laughter.

Yup, I'm 37 going on 12... oh gosh.  

No comments: