As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Thursday, January 04, 2018

In Search of a Home

Took one last look at my condo in Makati, said goodbye, closed the door and left.
I was moving to The Fort today, to BGC, and I was super excited.
Talk about a excitement killer, I was stopped by security.  If I look not impressed it's because I wasn't.  Security told me I wasn't allowed to enter the building.
Found myself again at Tim Horton's.
I took this picture of me there yesterday, after dropping off some of my belongings at the new condo, and today I went there again, but only because I really had no other choice.

Homeless in the Philippines for a solid half a day.  
I couldn't have picked anyone better to be homeless with though.
Finally, after what felt like forever, homeless no more.
This is the view from my new condo in The Fort.  A different condo than originally 
the one I thought I'd be moving in.

No comments: