As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Monday, January 29, 2018

Jumping Fabulously into a New Week

Look at what has arrived -- my Supreme Diet meals today, prepared by Yummy Diet!!!
All this amazing food and the thing that I was so caught up with was the drip coffee. It smells so good!

It's super easy for me to lose track of the hours, working at home on Empowered, but today I was lured out with promises of coffee.  I try to get out for coffee every second day, if just to get out of the house for 30 minutes.  Today coffee turned into food, food included friends and then a friend showed up with her new puppy.  Meet Ollie, an amazingly sweet little boy, a rescued street dog who is living the good life now.
I posted this picture on Instagram today, it was a moment of saddness today, caught on camera.
Nothing quite cheers me up like a good workout and tonight, as easy as it would have been to just skip out on boxing, I showed up.  I knew that all I'd have to do was just get myself there, that if only I just showed up I'd be instantly pushed into a better mood.  I was correct.

No comments: