As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

My Body Feels It... Wednesday, January 10

On Fridays my body could always tell it was a Friday.  My body would feel so beat up from the week of training and deprived of sleep and all the excessive calories it needed from the hard week of training.  

Today my body felt it was Wednesday.

It was only Wednesday but already I have clocked in 43kms in less than a week. 

This morning's run to boxing was a bit rough but it was the run back that got to me.  I ran, jogged, walked,... then stopped.  One of the security guards that has become a familiar face on my route to and from boxing yelled out to me when I stopped.  Then he waved his hand and stuck it out, palm out.  I ran up to him and high fived him.  And just like that I had my second wind.

Trying to up my calories to meet the new demands on my nutrition because of my running has been hard.  I run to boxing right after breakfast, train, run home, and then have my lunch.  Ever since I've been running to boxing, I've added a protein shake mix to my lunch.  It's the first thing I do when I get home.  I make and then down a protein shake.

My protein shake consists of Whey protein, a banana, nonfat milk, and natural peanut butter.

My shake and my lunch totals about 800 calories so it's a lot.

I eat about 2,000-2,400 calories a day now, that's a jump up from 1,500.

Trying to eat all that though, that's the issue.  I drink a ton of water and so again with the bloated feeling from that.  And then there's the fact that I lean too much on coffee to pick me up in the afternoon.  I'm back to being a two-cupper -- someone who needs two cups of coffee to get through their day.  I have one cup of coffee in the morning with my breakfast and then one in the afternoon.  It doesn't make me jittering, that second cup, like it use to but instead now makes me feel less zombie-like on days like today where the extra hot weather and hard training really kicks my butt and sends my energy levels to the curb.

No comments: