As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Friday, February 02, 2018

A Change in Macros... Friday, February 2

I've been eating the meals Supreme Diet sends me and I've been enjoying them but I also feel my body is roughing it out, trying to adjust to the macros.  Usually my meals consist of the following macros...
50%   Carbs
30%   Protein
20%   Fats 
But with Supreme Diet, my macros are the following...
20%  Carbs 
30%  Protein
50%  Fats
The biggest difference is the lack of carbs and after a week of eating Supreme Diet, I'm craving the carbs.  I use to think that my body was so carb-sensitive and it is but not in the way I thought it was.  I thought carbs made me bloated and they were my problem, turns out it was my choice of carbs and my body really needs a high amount of clean carbs.  

No rice, no life.

I laugh at the notion that I just wrote that because one of my ex's use to always said that and now it's me always saying it.  I think I said it every day this week, seriously.  I am missing my rice and today, after 5 straight days of low carbs, my body was craving carbs like a pregnant ready to burst with triplets craves whatever it is she craves,... pickles, I don't know.  

At 4pm I crashed and I crashed hard.

No boxing for me, no answering business emails, and no doing anything but passing out on the bed totally unexpectedly.  And just like that, my afternoon plans and busy schedule got put on the back burner.  

Supreme Diet is very similar to Keto with it's low carbs and high fat but Keto is even lower in carbs.  This is like a tamer version of the rough and tough Keto.  I did Keto back in October over a year ago, for two months, and my body couldn't hack it.  My body totally rebelled against me because of it.  I know many people who dropped mad weight on it but I gained weight and the cravings were unreal.  My body doesn't do well with low carbs and so I'm struggling with what to do next.  Do I continue with Supreme Diet?  I mean, they did sponsor me, I'm super flattered and think it's amazing that they did because I totally believe in their company and back them, but I can't afford crashing once a week like I did today.  I was in zombie mode for the first part of the day.  Downing two cups of coffee did nothing either.  I question whether or not it's just because the macros are so different than my usual.  I think it is but will it ever get use to them?  Is it just adjusting?  

I'm going to give it a little longer, and see how my body adjusts accordingly.  

Until then though, I'm going to treat myself to some carb-loading to get my body back on track.  That's exactly what I did tonight.  I pretty much ate my body weight in carbs and I didn't feel guilty about it one bit.  

No comments: