As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Awesomeness in Makati... Tuesday, February 27

I've never done a drug in my life but if the high I get from my Tuesdays in Makati is crazy.

3pm          Leave for Makati.
3:30pm     Pick up my business cards at the printers.
4pm          Boxing at Elite Boxing.
6pm          Head over to Hernandez Boxing.
6:15pm     Eat in the changeroom, shower and get ready for coaching.
7pm          Chat with Coach Hernandez and ladies start arriving for the Empowered boxing class.
7:30pm     Coach the Empowered small group boxing class.
9pm          Leave Makati and head back to BGC.
9:40pm     Arrive home, shower, eat, and then post stuff on social media.
11pm        Relax or, as in the case of tonight, pass right out in mid sentence.

The past few weeks I've been starting my Tuesday off with a meeting with my architect and that totally sets me up for the rest of the day.  A solid breakfast, a strong coffee and an encouraging meeting,.. BAM!  I'm ready to take on the world.  Of course all I have to really take on is Makati but I'm so ready for it.

Off to Makati I go for the rest of the day.

Tonight's Empowered small group boxing class wasn't exactly small.  My class is set for only 6 ladies max but tonight there was a bit of confusion with the sign up and 9 came out.  There was almost a 10th and even an 11th and 12th... woozers.  A big class is great but I try to keep it small so that I can give attention to everyone.  I don't want my ladies to get lost in the crowd.

Things are happening... they're definitely happening.  Empowered is here but the clubhouse is coming soon.  I'm excited (and I'm also "high" from the day of awesomeness).

I came home totally pumped and motivated about what's next for Empowered.  So pumped that even upon discovering one of my toenails totally detached didn't even phase me.... super gross, of course, but I didn't even care.  I've got 10 toes and 9 toenails, so what.  I'm building my own business here and I'm absolutely love, love, LOVING it.

No comments: