As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Full Speed Ahead... Sunday, February 11

I've been going at Empowered at full speed.  Things are coming together, not at the speed I particularly want but definitely at the speed that perhaps is best for me.  There's a lot going on that I need to digest.

My Empowered Team now consists of the following:
  • 1 Industrial partner
  • 1 Corporate lawyer
  • 1 Interior designer
  • 1 Architect
  • 1 Construction crew
  • 1 Branding company

Current Empowered Activities:
  • BoxHIIT in the Park every Sunday.
  • Empowered Small Group Boxing Classes every Tuesday at Hernandez Boxing.
  • FitSquad Mentoring Program launching soon at the drug rehab, DOH TRC.
  • BoxHIIT Special Event in March for a local company.
  • Special Event attendance requested at DOH TRC in July.
  • Galla showing attendance requested at a local school in late spring.

Things to do this week:
  • Launch the official Empowered Clubhouse website.
  • Revise the corporate papers.
  • Work on subscription letters the investors.
  • Sit down with the interior designer to design the new space.
  • Add at least 5 more pages to the FitSquad Trainer's Manual.
  • Design and print the revised Empowered business cards.
  • Meetings with potential investors.
  • Reach out to a particular fitness gym regarding a potential collab.
  • Get the tenant guidelines from the property manager. 

No comments: