As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

The Look and Feel... Tuesday, February 13

Sat down with one of my architects today, to go over my design ideas for the Empowered Clubhouse.  We met in the morning, super early, and my morning coffee hadn't yet hit me so I opted for a second cup.  

The coffee then hit me and so did the excitement over Empowered.

"This is happening", she said to me.  I know it's happening but her saying it to me really made what she was saying feel so real.  This IS happening.  This is REALLY happening.  

After my meeting my head was full of additional ideas so I went home and started a new board on Pinterest that is specifically a collection of pin ideas I like for the Empowered Clubhouse.  I then made various collages of pins to add to my investor's pitch deck.  I have several look and feel screens to present and later this week I'll be presenting them to two investors of mine.  

The look and feel of the Empowered Clubhouse is industrial and badass.

No comments: