As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Things are Happening... Wednesday, February 7

When Supreme Diet and Yummy Diet asked me for my double-sided Empowered flyer, I thought it was pretty awesome.  I sent a stack to them yesterday.  And today, when I reached for my Supreme Diet meal delivery and noted that my flyer was starring back at me, well, that was so much more than pretty awesome.  That was pretty damn, make-me-bust-out-my-happy dance, awesome.  

Today Supreme Diet and Yummy Diet clients all overy Metro Manila woke up to my face today.  Too funny.

It's happening... the ball is rolling.

I headed over to the space today, over in McKinley, for another business meeting with another designer/ architect.  I'm trying to find a way to collaborate two women who basically hold the same important role that I need for the next step of Empowered.  Yesterday's meeting and today's meeting were to go over the same things but with two different women.  One is a new friend, a young woman who is much newer to the industry in comparision to today's woman who has a company that's quite big and that's been around for something like 20+ years.  The first woman, the younger one, has a younger perspective of things and I feel like perhaps she might work harder on the project because this would be an awesome project to put on her resume.  However, there's definitely a sense of security that comes with someone who's been around the block.  They know the ins and outs and they have mad contacts and strings they can pull.  I'd love to hire them both though, despite them sporting basically the same job.  I'm trying to figure out a way to split the job.  

My thinking... get the younger lady to design it and then get the other to execute the design.  Will that work?

No comments: