As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Sunday, March 11, 2018

A 13hr Out-of-House Day... Sunday, March 11

It was a very unexpectedly busy day today, so much for Sunday being my "day of rest".

I checked out a new church today, a church in Makati, and then after I was invited out for lunch which then lead to moving to another place for desserts and coffee.  I left my house at 10:20am and didn't come back till a bit after 4pm.  

For those of you in the Fort BGC, check out Hossein, a Middle Eastern restaurant on the second floor of Serenda.  Definitely one of my top favourite restaurants in the Philippines, as of today, mind you, but damnnnn... that lamb they served me was so delish.  The interior is absolutely stunning. It has the amazing food AND the amazing ambiance.  Most restaurants here I find have either or, not both.

In the evening I coached my Empowered BoxHIIT in the Park and then, upon dropping off all my gear at home, I then walked around High Street.

There's always something going on at High Street and tonight it was a celebration in honor of the Philippine Army celebrating their 121st birthday.  There were so many army vehicles everywhere and soldiers in uniform flooding the place.  It was awesome.  I kept my eyes peeled to the soldiers, hoping to recognize any of them that I see when I go boxing.  I think I spotted one girl.  She smiled and me an nodded.  I smiled and did the same.  

After that, I then went to Larry's where I was treated to their ultra delish onion soup.  

Returned home close to midnight.

No comments: