As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Continuing on Despite Things

With my in-your-face, loud and proud leggings on, I jumped into my Uber and 
headed off for today's photoshoot out in Quezon city.
 The photoshoot was all about empowered women and matching up real life badass women with fictional badass women so it was pretty flattering to be asked to be involved.
 Brought my Supreme Diet food with me... of course!  No room for hangry pains here!!!
I took this picture when walking to boxing today, the Philippine Army.  
 It's the middle point between where I live in BGC and where the Philippine Army is.  
 It's right where the building I was hoping for Empowered sits... starring at me.
The struggles of an entrepreneur are real, the struggles of an athlete are real, and when the struggles of each combine, it's really rough.  It makes it hard to focus on moving forward.
 It was a super busy day, one that I really wanted to crawl under the covers and ignore, but after boxing I then had to go to a friend's event at their restaurant and attend a birthday party.
Skittles' cousin is a congress man and tonight it was his birthday party so we headed over to his over-the-top, drop dead gorgeous home.  It was stunning, I loved it, and it was full of happy people all celebrating his birthday.
Some of the people there celebrating were also familiar with who I am so that made for quite the unexpected and super sweet turn in events.  Here we are posing for the camera -- three entrepreneurs, three fitness gyros, three boxers... love it!

No comments: