As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Heartbreak in Happy Land... Wednesday, March 21

I lost the space for Empowered.

I won't go into my frustrations and the overdose of disappointment I feel because what happened was really not cool and I lost a little respect for some involved, to tell you the truth.  It made for a really, really, REALLY hard walk home from boxing at the realization that my fight wasn't backed up by all those who said they'd have my back.  I cried the entire way  home.  I showed up feeling completely beat up and who should I run into while waiting for the elevator at my condo but my business development partner.  She's been super supportive but, with my nose all red and eyes swollen, I then had to clear my throat, put on a smile, and address the situation.

First heartbreak in the Philippines for me and it was very much a real one, wow.

No comments: