As the story has it, one day I headed to the opposite side of the globe – the Flipside. I arrived in Korea February 16th, 2005 and thought I’d do a year, then leave. I was wrong. I stayed, launched my first company, Flipside Fitness, and then opened Korea's largest boxing club, Hulk's Boxing (now called Hulk's Club).

After 11.5yrs in Korea, I then picked up one day and returned to Toronto, Canada. But then I left again.

Now I live in the Philippines where I am the CEO and head coach of Empowered Clubhouse, the Philippines' first and only boxing clubhouse exclusively just for women. I also am the founder of the Lil' Sistas Project, CEO and designer of Slay Gear and Baa Baa Black Sheep .Ph.

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Feeling the Pressure... Saturday, March 17

The hardest part of my boxing isn't the actual training, the boxing, it's the walk to and from the boxing club.  When I look over and see that big Telus building starring back at me.  It's in that building that I want to launch Empowered.  This time next week that building will either be mine or it won't be mine.  Already the walk to the Philippine Army Gym is a hard one because I see that building.  This time next week, it'll either become a super happy one or an incredibly sad one.

It all comes down to what goes down this Wednesday.

Less than a week, less than a handful of days.

I gave my investors until Tuesday/Wednesday to tell me how much they're investing and on Wednesday I have to tell MegaWorld whether or not we're taking the space.  If I get at least 4 million pesos invested, I'm taking it.  If I don't, I can't. 

To want something so bad and to be so close to either getting it or losing it... wow. 

No comments: